Decision time

Ok, it’s nearly time to decide if I’m healthy enough to travel to Ottawa this weekend. I’m feeling better than I did yesterday, the sudafed keeps my nose from stuffing up and the cough seems to respond ok to DM-based cough syrup. But I’ve got pressure behind my eyes which isn’t responding to anything.

I really don’t want to cancel this trip – I told Alyssa that I’d take her snow boarding, and I was looking forward to learning how myself. Originally I told her I’d switch weekends with Liane, but when Liane’s weekend came up I had to help me move into a new apartment. And then when Alyssa’s weekend came up, I had to fly to Chicago for the memorial service. Next weekend is Liane’s weekend again, so this weekend had better be it.

I’m not going to be able to snow-board, but at least I can keep my promise to get Alyssa kitted out in rental equipment and in lessons. I really want to do this, but I’m not sure I can.

One thought on “Decision time”

  1. Years ago, I absolutely, positively had to skydive one weekend. The Thursday before, I came down with an ear infection.

    I went to the doctor on Friday, and he told me I was nuts, but I explained that I _was_ going to jump on the weekend…he sighed, and gave me this perscription for a really, really powerful decongestant. Unfortunately, I can’t remember the name of it – but my ears were totally cleared up by Saturday morning. So it might be worth a call to your doctor…

Comments are closed.