As seen on Andy’s LiveJournal
1) How old do you wish you were?
Sometime between when my brother left for the army and stopped torturing me, and when my knee pain got so bad I had to give up orienteering, cross country skiing, backpacking, canoeing, etc. Probably first year university was best – 19 years old, in the best physical shape of my life, got my silver Courier de Bois in the Canadian Ski Marathon, 7th in the North American Orienteering Championships, hardly a weekend went by when I wasn’t doing something active.
2) Where were you when 9/11 happened?
Talking to my therapist. Somebody phoned her to tell her that a plane had just flown into the WTC, and I didn’t understand, I thought it must be a small plane accident, not a purposeful act. I never connected it with the fact that I was supposed to call Julie Z after noon because she was going to be out of the office in the morning. It wasn’t until I got to work that I found out where Julie was – 102rd floor of WTC 1.
3) What do you do when vending machines steal your money?
Get mildly annoyed. Call the service number if there is one.
4) Do you consider yourself kind?
Not as kind as I wish I was.
5) If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be?
I’d like to get a maple leaf tatooed over my heart. I don’t feel like I can get US citizenship until I have the physical reminder that my heart belongs to Canada.
6) If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be?
French. I am still sorry that I never picked it up living in Quebec.
7) Do you know your neighbors?
Many of them. I know more about my neighbours in a year of living in this neighbourhood than I did living 10 years in my previous neighbourhood.
8) What do you consider a vacation?
I used to consider a week hiking the Western Uplands Hiking Trail in Algonquin Park, or going to a week long orienteering festival, or anything involving a tent and some physical activity a vacation. Don’t do those things any more. The best vacations I’ve had in recent years where the 5 days I spent at Oshkosh 2003, and the cruise Vicki and I had in Alaska.
9) Do you follow your horoscope?
No, I don’t even read the horoscopes in The Onion or BB Spot.
10) Would you move for the person you loved?
I did. I get homesick for Canada when I’m here, and I get homesick for the person I love when I’m there.
11) Are you touchy feely?
No. One of my male friends is a hugger, and it sort of makes me uncomfortable. And then I get uncomfortable about the fact that I’m uncomfortable.
12) Do you believe that opposites attract?
There is nothing rule based about attraction.
13) Dream job?
I’d like to stay home and write software, but I don’t know if I’m disciplined enough to do it.
14) Favorite channel(s)?
History Channel, BBC America, etc. Man, I wish I could get CBC here. I miss “This Hour Has 22 Minutes” and “Corner Gas”.
15) Favorite place to go on weekends?
Mostly I just like to veg out and recover. I never get enough sleep.
16) Showers or Baths?
17) Do you paint your nails?
18) Do you trust people easily?
Sometimes too much. Sometimes not enough. It’s a hard balance to strike.
19) What are your phobias?
That my kids won’t be able to recover from my bad parenting skills.
20) Do you want kids?
Have two, don’t want any more.
21) Do you keep a handwritten journal?
22) Where would you rather be right now?
23) Who makes you feel warm and fuzzy?
24) Heavy or light sleeper?
Mostly heavy, I think.
25) Are you paranoid?
No, people really are out to get me.
26) Are you impatient?
With people, yes. I try to not be, but it’s a long process.
27) Who can you relate to?
People with open minds.
28) How do you feel about interracial couples?
Mostly it makes me ashamed that I still have some residual racism deep down inside.
29) Have you been burned by love?
30) What’s your favorite pick-up line?
“The kids are at their dad’s tonight.”
31) What’s your main ring tone on your mobile?
32) What were you doing at midnight last night?
Sleeping. Not very well.
33) What did the last text on your cellphone say?
“On the ground in Raleigh. Now to find where I’m staying.”
34) Whose bed did you sleep in last night?
35) What color shirt are you wearing?
36) Most recent movie you watched?
Over the Hedge.
37) Name three things you have on you at all times?
Combined Cell phone/pda, wallet, keys.
38.) What color are your bed sheets?
You mean I’m only supposed to have one set?
39) How much cash do you have on you right now?
About $25 US, and about $15 Canadian.
40) What is your favorite part of the chicken?
Wings. In Buffalo sauce.
41) What’s your favorite town/city?
42) I can’t wait till:
I can stop feeling bitter about things.
43) Who got you to join LJ?
44) What did you have for dinner last night?
45) How tall are you barefoot?
47) Do you own a gun?
Not any more. Used to own a few rifles.
48) What do you prefer to drink in the morning?
49) What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite sex?
56) Where do you think you’ll be in 10 yrs?
Doing what I’m doing now, or unemployed.
57) Last thing you ate?
Pulled pork from Dinosaur Barbecue.
58) What songs do you sing in the shower?
Hardly anything – I hate my own voice.
59) Last thing that made you laugh?
Over The Hedge was a surprisingly funny movie.
60) Worst injury you’ve ever had?
Probably the most painful thing that ever happened to me was getting penile frostbite in a cross country ski race at -40C.
61) Does someone have a crush on you?
62) What’s your favorite candy?
I don’t get to eat my real favourites any more because of my sugar intolerance, but I currently love wasabi almonds.
63) What song do you want played at your funeral?
“Rise Again”, Stan Rogers. No, I don’t really know.